Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WHAT A MESS!




Have you ever had one of those days? You know the ones I'm talking about.....
You wake up late - try to make up time in order to make it to work on time. Well, I had one of those days today. I have decided to make my temple healthier and yesterday went out and purchased a new outfit to workout in.

Sooo - this morning I threw my protein shake in my purse and laid my cloths on top. While in the bathroom I heard my purse fall from the table. Went in the kitchen and there it was. Chocolate shake all over the floor and the cloths right in the middle of the mess...... I bowed down at the mess - began to wipe it up and spray the cloths down and could picture Christ doing the same thing with my life.

WHAT A MESS..... Yes.. what a mess I have made in the natural many many times. But through the blood of Christ - he has wiped it all clean.

In Francis Chan's book (Crazy Love) he says:

"The irony is that while God doesn’t need
us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don’t really want Him most of the
time.

I want to always remember what it cost Christ in order to be a sacrifice for my sin.

1 John 1:9 says that if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Thanking God today for cleansing my mess!

Have a blessed day,
Holly

4 comments:

  1. AMEN!! Thankful GOD Is there to cleanse our messes.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that! I must read THAT book! It is on my to do list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful He makes all things new! I can attest to the fact that He had an enormous mess to clean up in my life...He is the Savior I need over and over again.
    So glad I found your blog!
    God bless!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The irony is that while God doesn’t need
    us but still wants us


    WOW... what a powerful statement that was...

    ReplyDelete