Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Help! I Don't Love you










I have been reading the book by Francis Chan called Crazy Love.

This past weekend I felt like I totally let the Lord down. I dropped my guard and went along with the worldly thoughts of just getting out and having fun. What about ME syndrome. Don't I deserve syndrome. I'm all alone and no one cares syndrome. You know those day!

I was so surprised to read the words "I need God to help me love God." Which is so true. I found myself in a complacent state of mind. Not really pursuing God or running after him or his word. My prayer life was getting slothful, my desire weak.....The fact is if I need his help to love him ( a perfect being) I definitely need his help to love others, fault-filled humans.

It spoke of the remarkable cycle. Our prayers for more love result in more love, which naturally causes us to pray more, which results in more love... Imagine going for a run while eating a box of twinkies... Besides being self defeating and side ache- inducing (which so reminds me of myself)lol...... it would also be near impossible - we would have to stop our run just to eat the twinkies...

So in the same way... we have to stop loving and pursuing Christ in order to sin.. OUCH... This was my case. I had stopped running after Christ.... As long as I chasing after him and his ways I won't desire the things of the flesh.... I will be running toward our Refuge, toward Love, toward freedom... Free from sin!

The more I focus on my love for Christ, all other loves will become NATURAL! I like the way Francis Chan said it " As long as we are pursuing Christ - we are satisfied in Him... WOW.... such good word for me. I do not want to be Luke warm like the church of Laodicea? Do you? I desire instead to be as David in the Psalms... You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Ps. 16:11

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

I am so thankful that he loves you and I unconditionally. Even when we are not loving and pursuing him like he created us to. Then most importantly I'm thankful for the God moments when his presence is so new and fresh that you know with all of your heart that he is the love of your life and you cannot fill any void or place in your heart with any thing other than HIM! Thats when all things are added, right?

Be blessed and I pray you as well will RUN AFTER CHRIST!

4 comments:

  1. Praising GOD for HIS love, grace, mercy, and strength.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an honest, heart felt post. I can totally identify of course. I can never really express my gratitude enough for a Saviour who loves me NO MATTER WHAT! No matter how many times I stray He is right there welcoming me back. Like you I don't want to be luke warm. I want my life to count. Thanks for sharing all this. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering who this 'Holly' was that came to visit me at my blog..so off I 'ran' to see and I'm so THANKFUL...oh girl..this was POWERFUL..and one that I NEEDED...I LOVE LOVE how the Lord leads His daughters together like this in the world of blog land.

    Yes, come and join me each Friday precious sister and let's stand our ground, fighting the good fight of faith in prayer...for ourselves and others...

    ReplyDelete