Friday, February 5, 2010

GIVE ME EARS TO HEAR OH LORD!






The enemy has flooded your house. He seeped in through some cracks which you thought were unimportant. He knows not to come in the front door because you know how to fight and have victory there. Clean house. Find the hidden cracks, no matter how small. Don't think because you have been victorious at the front door he won't go for the cracks. There are things which you have gotten lax about. The enemy is relentless, even though he has been publicly defeated. The battle for Jericho was won according to My word, but it also had to be won according to My word. It wasn't, so Joshua's army was defeated.
Joshua 7:13 "Rise up! Consecrate the people and say, 'Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow, for thus the Lord, the God of Israel, has said, "There are things under the ban in your midst, O Israel. You cannot stand before your enemies until you have removed the things under the ban from your midst."

Last weekend I went to a bar and grill with my girlfriend for dinner. Innocent enough right... well.. They had a band playing...
So we decided to stay and listen.
My flesh was weaker than I thought. We danced to the band - but then a man came and asked me to dance. I danced one dance with him to be nice.
Later - someone came to me and said " Don't talk to him - he has a bet on you that you will go home with him tonight!

Ladies - That made me want to vomit...... What on earth would make someone think that?

The moral of this story.... Why did I put myself in a place where anyone could even come against me?

It goes back to what Paul speaks about... My flesh is weak... I do the things I don't want to do and don't do the thinks I wish I would.....

I want to make certain that all the cracks are sealed by the holy spirit in my heart.... I know I fail but I have a heavenly Father that has sent his son to justify my sin... LORD KNOWS I CAN'T DO IT ON MY OWN!

Just as Isaiah 30:21 says: And your ears will hear a word behind you, This is the way, walk in it, whenever you turn to the right or to the left................... Thats my hearts desire... To have ears to hear my Lord whisper - not that way Holly - but this way!

God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I love how real you are ... truth be told we all struggle with doing things we know we shouldn't. Its called temptation and we all are tempted with something. Each day I have to die to self and ask God to give me the strength to overcome those things that swirl around in my mind that should not be there!

    Thanks for stopping by my place earlier. Have a wonderful weekend. - Laurie

    ReplyDelete