Monday, October 18, 2010

Keeping My Eyes On The Lord





Today just seemed like one of those days.... Where none of my projects at work seemed to work out correctly - I felt crabby - out of sorts..........BUT GOD, right!

I had a devotional in my email that focused on this scripture:
Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

That was soooo good for me today! At times I become very impatient with others but expect them to be over and above patient with me....... .

I'm learning slowly - to just take that 2nd breath - realize that we all fall short and focus on the fact that the more I practice walking confidently and boldly in obedience is when I will surely start reflecting more and more of Christ.

Hebrews 5:8
Although he was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which he suffered!

WOW... makes me reflect that my small suffering is NOTHING IN COMPARISON!

Hugs,

Holly

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Holly! I enjoyed that. God is speaking to His chosen vessels today. He is so faithful! We must stay focus on Him at all times, keeping our eyes on Him,even when things seem bad, and we can see no way out. God is speaking to me today to keep my eyes on His Word and use His Word, not just read and study it, but use IT. Love reading your post Holly, thanks again Sis.

    ReplyDelete