Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What to do with our desires?




Psalms 37:5-7 (NASB) "Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. And He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your judgment as the noonday. Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him.


I was and have been thinking this past week more about my singleness. Getting discontent and desiring the things of my past. Marriage, commitment, family.

Notice the key word. I have been thinking. Hmmm. isn’t that the problem.
Colossians 3:1-4 says:
"If therefore ye have been raised with the Christ, seek the things which are above, where the Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God: have your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are on the earth; for ye have died, and your life is hid with the Christ in God. When the Christ is manifested who is our life, then shall ye also be manifested with him in glory."

So for today, instead of thinking I can know that I should be praying. The Lord knows my heart and I can trust that he cares about my desires even more than I do. His ways are not my ways. His ways are PERFECT.
Mark 11:22-24
Have[f] faith in God," Jesus answered. 23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Isn’t that the key when we get focused on “me”. Trust in the Lord, have faith (without doubting) that he has your best interest at heart ALL THE TIME!
When I think on those things that I desire, I can turn to him, stop thinking and speak with my mouth to my heavenly Father about those things.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10. He's essentially saying: I am content when I lose. I am content when I am weak. I am content when I'm insulted. I am content when I endure hardships. I am content with persecutions. I am content with difficulties. What an amazing example of the "faith walk".......

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Holly! God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by precious sister...
    Wanted to let you know, Got me two more pieces of wood today, PLUS stayed to talk to the owner of the house who drove up while I was leaving his curb,lol. We ended up chatting for a good 20 minutes. He is a christian also. Ended up giving me a book that he wrote on Forgiveness..how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete