Friday, July 9, 2010

Being Lonely




Seems like so many woman are suffering today with "loneliness"..... Many of my friends are suffering with this feeling. Most are God fearing woman that can run to the word of God and realize that we have someone that is closer than a Brother to us in spirit... But what about those days when ya just need face to face fellowship.

It helps to be reminded that even those chosen to write books of the bible were stricken with the "lonelies".....
3 John 14: I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face.
2 Timothy 1:4 speaks of Tears of loneliness.

My heart goes out to all of those that become lonely from time to time. Why, because I struggle with it as well. Being married for over 22 years of my life I became accustomed to having a significant other in my life. Some one to hold me in moments of dispair, happiness, sadness, confusion..... We all know we can run to the Lord in these times but our flesh still cries out for that fleshly companionship.

I'm praying that this day we can see that Christ felt and knows our pain right along side of us. In Mark 15:34 Christ cries out My God, my God, why have you forsaken me. Talk about UTTER LONELINESS. Christ knew for that very moment that he had taken on ALL OF OUR SIN and was now our sacrifice.

My prayer is this thought will help each of us walk through the valleys at times and run to Christ.... Realizing he knows what our pain feels like and even KNOWS A MUCH GREATER PAIN, but yet took it on for our sakes.

Hugs to you all,

Holly

2 comments:

  1. I, too am praying for GODs touch to rain down upon all who are in the midst of loneliness.
    hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely post, Holly! We are never really alone, since Jesus is with us, loving us and understanding our loneliness and pain. May all those who are lonely and in despair discover that comforting presence!

    ReplyDelete