Thursday, September 29, 2011

WHEN WE DESIRE DIRECTION

Psalms 37:3-4 (NASB) "Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord ; And He will give you the desires of your heart."

Trust in the Lord and do good! Lately I have found myself dwelling on things instead of laying all things in the Lord’s hand. God is the only one capable of handling the important details of our lives. I tend to over analyze things when I know the truths of the bible.

If my thoughts are not true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy as Phillipians 4:8 speaks of then it is time to get my thoughts to line up with what the word tells me to think on.

When we desire direction from God, what do we do?
I know from experience that it is our nature to think on a certain issue at hand, then possibly run to others and talk about our issues and if we aren’t careful we begin to let negative thoughts take root in our heart and risk becoming bitter and not better from the experience.
Today I pray that the following scripture may touch someone’s heart as they have mine today and gently remind us that no one is perfect and we all fall short of the glory of God~

Psalm 25:9
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path

Proverbs 2:6-9
For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course.

Isaiah 30:21
Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left'

No comments:

Post a Comment