Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Speak to your Storm






DEUTERONOMY 30:19
19 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you,
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and
cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your
descendants may live;

This scripture speaks to my heart. The Lord gives us choices.
We have the freedom to choose and the responsibility to choose.

All throughout the New Testament we read examples of where God warns us to resist the devil. So if the devil is still playing a part in our lives – do we say “The devil mad me do it” or do we accept responsibility that we CHOSE TO DO IT?

I know in my daily life I often make choices that are based on my own fleshly desires instead of the word of God and his commands.

So instead of blaming God for the situations that we end up in that are messy and in need of repair, we actually accept the responsibility of our choice that landed us there. Would that change our hearts?

Is it fair to expect God to do what he has called and required us to do?

We have to speak to the storms in our own lives. We can’t blame God for the wreck if we aren’t speaking to the storm.


MATTHEW 12:36-37
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak,
they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words
you will be condemned."

Lord help me to not speak idle words but words that edify and build up others!

No comments:

Post a Comment