Friday, February 11, 2011

OUR DAILY BREAD





This morning I woke up thinking about my weight, my health, my organizational skills, the need to study God's word more, etc. etc. etc.

Basically... I was focused on ME! While working on my homework for a study we are doing at church called "Radical". My heart began to switch over to Godly desires.
Shouldn't I wake hungry for what is truly my daily bread. Shouldn't I hunger and thirst after the Lord.

Amos 8:11 says:
Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord GOD,
When I will send a famine on the land,
Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water,
But rather for hearing the words of the LORD.

Isn't this what goes on in our flesh at times. We fill up our mind with our own thoughts, wishes and desires when all he requires is our complete submission and surrender to his word!

When my heart submits to his word, its amazing how my thoughts line up as well. Today I desire the bread of life vs the bread of this world!

Hugs,

Holly

1 comment:

  1. I would like to start by asking you two questions. One: Can you can give an accurate definition of the phrase: "Lamb of God"? We all know that this is one of the names used for Jesus, like Messiah, Savior, Son of Man, or Christ. But exactly what is the importance of the name "Lamb of God"? And why is it important to me as a Catholic?

    The second question I would like to ask you is: Why the Catholic Church would offer The Holy Eucharist every day at every Mass throughout the world in over 3000 languages. What knowledge do they have that would make them feel compelled to do this for thousands of years? In answering this question, we'll see why the Catechism of the Catholic Church states that "The Eucharist is the source and summit of the Christian life.'" (CC 1324)

    ReplyDelete