Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Love of God










Yesterday was a hard day for family members. My Ex Husband’s Grand Father passed away. The hard part is this: My children barely knew this man. I wish they had gotten to know him better and I am partly to blame for this as well.

My heart is going out to my ex-husband today in a great way. I’m not sure what is bringing these emotions out so strongly but I am certain that God is in control of ALL THINGS. I know many may find this photo odd in comparison with the Love of God. But my ex husband is a farmer and raises cattle and this picture spoke volumes to my heart. Just as this Momma cares for her new born baby - This is how our heavenly Father watches over us as well!

My Daughter spent the evening with her Daddy last night and she realizes this has touched him in a huge way. My prayer today is that God would draw David to him at this very moment. That David would realize how special he is in God’s heart.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Oh that this would occur in him. I pray that today – He know the awesome LOVE OF OUR SAVIOR…………………………………… Please pray along with me that God would do a mighty work in this family and they feel the comfort of our dear Lord.

God’s word shall not lie:

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Praying that their hearts know the presence of God this day!

In Jesus precious name I pray,


2 comments:

  1. Holly, I am so sorry for this news, and on the other hand, I am so glad to know a woman as yourself; reaching out in your needs too. That speaks volume to my heart. Thanks for sharing with us. You are in our prayers daily my friend. God is there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying.

    I’m not sure what is bringing these emotions out so strongly...

    It's the Holy Spirit sweet sister...His overflowing love has come upon you for your ex as you pray and lift this family up in prayer.

    Yes, it is God's doing. That your heart is so soft like this, that is God.

    Loved what you wrote Oh that this would occur in him. I pray that today – He know the awesome LOVE OF OUR SAVIOR

    amen amen amen

    ReplyDelete