Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Leaving the past in the past?





"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!"
Isaiah 43:18,19a

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I have always struggled in this area. The past has many HAPPY MEMORIES as well as SAD MISTAKES that I wish I could go back and change!

So many days I feel like Paul when he says:
For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

Today my thoughts are for lost loved ones who are very dear to my heart! I pray that they realize they are lost! So many times I go back to the past and desire for things to be like they once were. Then I have to focus on what is true?
What does God desire for TODAY?

Then I can rest in the Lord and trust that as long as I'm living my life for him that he holds tomorrow. I don't have to try and figure it out because he already has ALL THINGS UNDER CONTROL and the only thing I have to focus on is loving him with all of my heart and loving others the same way he loved me!

So for today I won't dwell on yesterday, but I will remember it and praise the Lord that I'm not who I once was but becoming who he had planned me to be. Desiring to have a heart that others can see CHRIST through!

Praying today for our family and friends that they will have ears to hear and the holy spirit will soften their hearts to answer his call!


Holly

1 comment:

  1. Praying today for our family and friends that they will have ears to hear and the holy spirit will soften their hearts to answer his call!
    amen amen amen..I've been praying too.

    ReplyDelete