Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday's Thoughts





Today I was thinking on God and his goodness...... I was talking with my Son in regard to good people. Who is a good person? Seriously! Psalms 14:1 says there is no one who is good apart from God....

I have learned the hard way that none of us are good without the Lord.. PERIOD....

We want to convince ourselves that so and so is a really good person with a good heart they just need the Lord. That's not the truth. Yes - we all need God - but it only God in us that produces any good whatsoever.

You cannot teach values, you cannot teach morality, without teaching about God. “Be ye holy,” God said, “for I am holy”... This makes my heart think on my children - my children's children. I pray that the Lord speak in to their heart and draw each of them to him.

Today I'm thankful that I can trust in HIS GOODNESS and not my own. Knowing that
every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow (James 1:17).

Its a good thing to know that our heavenly father only has good plans for our lives if only we keep his commandments and follow his ways!


Hugs,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment