Monday, June 13, 2011

FOCUS





COLOSSIANS 1:18
He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead, so that he might come to have
first place in everything.

Does Jesus have first place in your life and in your schedule? If
not, why not? True Christianity is not a religion based on rules and rituals,
but a living relationship with Jesus Christ.

I struggle in this area from time to time. I can get caught up in trying to do right and not sin. Is that what I should be doing? I really do believe I should focus more on God instead of my sin. The more I focus on God the less I naturally sin. Again I’m reminded that I can’t do anything in my own strength but I can do all things through CHRIST.
It is only through his spirit working in me that I can be pleasing to him. I can’t earn it or do enough good deeds to merit his grace.

This morning one of my devotionals asked this question: Do we serve something or someone as a substitute to Jesus?

We can even become BUSY with doing good things for God and leave out the most important ingredient.

I don't want to waste my time focusing on my failures and dwelling on my sin. God is more than capable of taking my sin and forgiving me when I do make mistakes and fall short! Its as simple as confessing,asking for his forgiveness and praying that the Holy Spirit dwell in my heart BIG in order to live a life that is pleasing to God.
I’m praying that today we can each have the same focus in life and that our main focus will remain to be JESUS!


Hugs,

Holly

1 comment:

  1. oh, what a great post! we can certainly be too busy doing 'good things' that aren't necessarily the best thing or even a God thing. We need to keep our eyes on Jesus!

    ReplyDelete