Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday! What I deserve



I was reminded yesterday of the commercial:
You deserve a break today @ McDonalds.....lol
Made me think on the worldly view of what we deserve. We deserve to be happy, or we deserve to spend that money on a new outfit.. After all... We work hard for our money!

Today I'm thankful to God that I actually don't receive what I truly deserve, aren't you?
Rom 2:5 (Phi) Or are you by your obstinate refusal to repent simply storing up for yourself an experience of the wrath of God in the day of his anger when he shows his hand in righteous judgment?

God is a just God! We have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.. We deserve death... But instead receive mercy: which is not getting what we deserve/punishment and Grace: receiving what we don't deserve/unmerited favor....

Today I'm thanking God for his amazing grace and the fact that I'M NOT GETTING WHAT I SO DESERVE!

2 comments:

  1. Praise be to God who doesn't give us what we deserve! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete