Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Does it seem that bad news is more prevalent today than ever before. Every time I turn around I'm confronted with more bad news. More heartbreak? Before you stop reading.... lol Stay with me.

We do live in a fallen world. Period. Bad things happen to good people. My heart has been broken several times during my life. I now watch as members of my family are broken as well. I'm angry at the enemy this day! Very angry. He only comes to steal, kill and destroy.

I know - I know.... This is THANKFUL THURSDAY.... lol Okay..............
This day I am very thankful in heart.
God's word says to let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.
with our hearts "sprinkled clean" from an evil conscience and our bodies " washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

I believe that Day is drawing near. I'm so thankful that we have the word to run to and other believers to help encourage us in this walk..............

So thankful for being in the family of God and for the many amazing Brothers and Sisters in Christ that he has placed in my life to help support and encourage me to keep on keeping on. Pressing toward that mark.

Thank you to each and every one of you!

Hugs,
Holly

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you sister...that your joy will be in the Lord and that you will draw all of your strength from Him. Faith doesn't make things easy...but it makes ALL things possible. What great hope our God has given us through His Word!

    "Such people will not be overcome by evil.
    Those who are righteous will long be rememembered. They do not fear bad news;
    they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly."
    Psalm 112:6-8

    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you extra sweetly today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More heartbreak? Before you stop reading.... lol Stay with me.


    Oh girl, you bet I will stay with you.

    I'm thankful for those that have stayed with me, surrounding my family each and every day with their prayers. Like sweet Denise above that I see her profile pic right now as I type this.

    I'm so thankful for that. Learning to be thankful, EVEN in the midst of the heartbreak and the bad news...God IS good all the time.

    blessings dear sister...Loved the pic of your precious one also. Such a joy to my spirit.

    ReplyDelete